When comparing different actuation technologies, equipment purchases are often decided based on initial up-front purchase cost. Ongoing operating costs can far exceed up-front purchase costs and over time have significant impact on a company’s bottom line.
Evaluating the annual operating costs for different types of actuators provides a comprehensive picture of the Total Cost of Ownership. See how Kyntronics SMART Electro-Hydraulic Actuators (SHA) compare to traditional hydraulic power units (HPUs) with hydraulic cylinders.
Annual Operating Cost Comparison
Kyntronics SMART Electro-Hydraulic Actuator (SHA) vs. Traditional Hydraulic System (HPU)
Until now, there were two actuation options: Electro-Mechanical Actuators (EMAs) or Hydraulics. What if you could combine the benefits of both and eliminate their challenges?
Electro-Mechanical Actuator Benefits
- Power on demand
- Precisely control in 4 quadrants
- Clean operation - No leaks
Electro-Mechanical Actuator Challenges
- Metal-to-metal wear
- Susceptible to damage from shock loads and side loads
- Requires regular maintenance / Lubrication
- Expensive and large at higher load ratings
- Backlash and back-drivable
- Robust - Proven technology
- High force density
- Shock load and side load tolerant
- Fluid characteristics
- Cost effective
- Ingress protection
- Environmentally unfriendly - prone to leaks (messy)
- Energy inefficient and noisy
- Difficult to control
- HPUs take of valuable space
- Requires excessive maintenance
- High operating costs
The Kyntronics SMART Electro-Hydraulic Actuator Accomplishes All This and More!
The Kyntronics SMART Electro-Hydraulic Actuator supports sustainable manufacturing by reducing environmental risk, lowering energy consumption, improving employee safety, and reducing operating expenses.
Download Kyntronics Selecting the Right Type of Actuator Technical Bulletin
Contact Valin at (855) 737-4716 or fill out our online form to find out how much you can save by converting from traditional hydraulics to the All-In-One Kyntronics SMART Electro-Hydraulic Actuator.